Why Use a Realtor ®
How Can A Real Estate Agent Help Me Sell My Home?
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $150,000. If you had a $150,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $150,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider any real estate transaction without the professional assistance of a REALTOR. Further, studies show that sellers receive more for their home (even after paying the commission) by listing with a Realtor®.
But if you're still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are other reasons to use one:
1. When selling your home, your REALTOR® will give you up-to-date information on what is happening in YOUR subdivision, area, market, comparable homes and their sales price, negotiate offers and so much more! These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
2. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents in their offices, listing on the best MLS in the nation-Houston Realtors Association (HAR.COM), on their personal website, their broker's web sites, national MLS sites and countless others. This allows people all over the world to view your home. Studies show that 95% of buyers see the home that they purchase on the Internet before they even consider seeing it in person.
3. Your REALTOR® knows how to advertise your property. This includes recommending things that need to be repaired, decluttered, staged, etc., provide the maximum number of professional photographs that further highlight your home/yard as well as write detailed descriptions that will ‘walk’ buyers through your home without having showings that don't yield offers.
4. Your REALTOR® will help you objectively evaluate every buyer's offer without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of clearing title, financing, inspections, appraisals and more. There are a lot of pitfalls you may encounter. Your REALTOR® will be sure all of the documents are submitted correctly, up front and timely throughout the entire process.
5. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home on time. Between the initial sales agreement and closing, questions and negotiations will arise. For example, unexpected repairs that are required to satisfy the buyers, their lender's requirements or even an issue on your title. The legal paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing.